Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Welcome Home Dada!

Homecoming day!!!  
Andrew was originally supposed to arrive ON our anniversary (July 5th) but his flights got delayed a day *sigh* so I had an extra day to make all our preparations before his arrival! I got his welcome home sign hung in the front yard, nails ready, decorations up, and we headed to the airport mid-afternoon with the photographer and my good friend Jess to videotape!
 
 

Our posters for Dada!
"With every step I try to hard to walk in your shoes, My HERO, My DADA! I've 'moosed' you!"
"Love endures all things - 1 cor. 13.7 Welcome Home AE2! Your MRS. wants her 8th Anniversary KISSES!" 

We got to the airport to find out that his flight (of which Andrew was 1 of 2 passengers) was delayed an hour so we had to wait around and do lots of signing and watch an episode of Baby Signing Time (beaus' fav).

Andrew had known that Beau was taking steps but he wasn't aware that Beau was walking all over the house and fairly steady on his feet by now! We were ready to surprise him! I got CHOKED up when Andrew headed our way and it brings tears to my eye thinking of the moment now!

WE SEE HIM! Beau outstretches his arms "AAAh!" (in his sweet lil grunt)

Dada! (signing)

The embrace!



Smiles all around :)


Family



Kisses <3


Our first selfie back together! (We sent this one to family right away)

Hand in hand







I had lined up a babysitter ahead of time so we could go out to celebrate our anniversary that evening! Dinner at Gordon Biersch and gelato at Strawberry Fields - our favorite!



We are all so happy to have him home! <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment