Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Deployment debrief

It's already DECEMBER and I haven't blogged about life in well... a YEAR. I feel like I don't even know where to start quite honestly because we've just been trying to keep busy.  But for the sake of using this blog as a life journal as well, I'll pick up where I left off in November. Andrew left for deployment to Bahrain on November 19th (2015). Prior to leaving we got a 4 day weekend away to DC at the end of October while his mom watched Beau.  We also pre-celebrated Thanksgiving and Christmas! And now gone and home from deployment!  Time went by more quickly than I had originally imagined it would. It has been a blessing to be able to Facetime almost everyday and I have several beautiful friends who have helped me pass the time.

To keep busy... I had my discipleship group every Tuesday night, Refuel mid-week service at church on Wednesday and then one Monday a month I go to a Special Needs Moms group. Then of course we tried to stay busy with events around town which was easy to do especially during the holiday season. In January, I started watching a friend's lil girl which has been a nice way to bring in a lil extra money while I stay home with Beau.  It still allows me almost 2 hours of me time between when M goes to school and Beau gets home. I also try to utilize respite care as much as I can to do social stuff. We have had lots of play dates, lunch dates, and more sickness than one would like so we've spent a fair share of days visiting the hospital.  I've re-learned to jump-start a car and even changed both car batteries (with my own two hands) this winter too!  If you keep up with my instagram you have seen my photo a day since Andrew left which has been a fun way for me to find joy each day while he is away. If you haven't, here are some picture highlights of those 7 months aaprt.

November 2015: 

Deployment Day - I could hardly open my eyes this early, and I wasn't even crying yet!


 Botanical Gardens Holiday Lights with Ashley
 

 

Thanksgiving fun - pudding paint turkeys with T, hand turkeys with P, Thanksgiving dinner with the M family, and Friends-giving

Beau's first movie in the theater - The Good Dinosaur; he stayed awake about 45 minutes

Holiday Photos to surprise Daddy


December 2015:
Busch Gardens "Twinkle Town" with Ash and the M family - Beau's first amusement park ride!
  




Three unsuccessful visits to Santa - USO holiday party, Down Syndrome Christmas Party and Santa's Village




Holiday Program at Preschool - Jingle Bell Rock, Beau with his preschool teachers


Santa's seaside village with the Barrie Family


Christmas - we went to church and then Ashley's for dinner.  Christmas day we opened presents on Facetime and Beau took 5 minutes per package!  He wasn't so sure about his dinosaur slippers! We got Andrew a Teddy Bridgewater jersey!

  
 

  


Dec 29th - Cardiology appointment went well.  There were no significant changes to Beau's heart since his appointment in September.  The doctor is closely watching his aorta as it has a mild leak and the pressure in his ventricles. So at this point no medication or surgery is needed at this time.

January 2016:



 Giving Dada kisses <3
  

Playing at the library with new friends.

 I started watching Macie; the kids love to play together! And Beau is finally taking some independent steps!

Getting to smart and trying to attach his g-tube extension to his milk line.

 Attended Music Together classes at the beginning of January for 9 weeks.
January 17th SNOW

  

Making Dada's valentine


Enjoying a walk on a gorgeous day after some professional photos for daddy!



Jesus loves me this I know, for the Bible tell me so. Little ones to him belong, they are weak but He is STRONG! 

Love these photos of Luna and Ty in the snow!
  

 Andrew's Birthday gifts


February 2016: I currently can't find my whole digital photo album for the month of February?!
5/6 IF gathering
6th - Prestons birthday party
14th Valentine's Day with the girls
25th  rehome dogs (see previous blog)

March 2016:
8th - Beau ate a whole fruit pouch!

12th - easter Egg hunt #1


15th - I go to a discipleship group once a week and Katie leads me and 3 other beautiful women of God to go deeper and grow stronger in the Lord.

March 15th - Beau had professional pictures taken for his 2.5 years!



Happy St. Patrick's Day!

19th - Beau had his first day of swim lessons

Lauren and I went to the homefront celebration to honor military spouses

21st - World Down Syndrome Day!

23th-29th Jilayna came to visit!  Here are just a few photos!  We did some serious mermaid hunting, went to the Botanical Gardens, the zoo and an Easter Egg hunt #2


Easter morning at church
 Dying Easter Eggs


31st Zoo trip with both kids and got to see the baby tigers!

April 2016:
8th - Botanical Gardens with Carrie and kids



13th - 19th Mom came to town! Beau was sick part of the time (go figure) but we still had fun and she helped me fix up the backyard for Andrew's return! We took her to the botanical gardens, Hermitage gardens,




Beau in his hip-helpers!  This one makes me laugh :) And a bi-annual dental visit - never fun!

19th - Norfolk International Tattoo


29-30 Went to Beth Moore's Living Proof Live with Jess, Ashley and Katie (Can't find pic)


30 - NICU reunion with Nurse Leah and his first successful time in a bounce house!

May 2016:

Playin at the park with Preston

2nd Beau got new ear tubes


3rd - Field Guide for dinner with the girls to send Jane off to New York

8th - Mothers day after church.  Then Beau and I met Lauren and her kids at the beach.  And I lost my wedding/engagement set.



Sweet smiles from these two cuties in peach! <3

27th The Rink family stopped by for breakfast and a short visit to play and catch up!

28th - Strawberry picking with Laura and Macie

29th Botanical Gardens with Ashley and the roses were in full bloom and smelled AMAZING!

30th Memorial Day Upward

June 2016:
4th Botanical Gardens splash pad with Barries


9th Beaus preschool hosted a special olympics

This boy <3

11th Mommy morning out at Harborfest with Laura



15th  end of school

19th father's day beach day with Laura and Macie & gifts for daddy




22nd W2G Grace girls afternoon at the pool

24th Botanical Gardens with Beau, Macie, Jess (and baby)

25th peach festival and picking with Laura and Macie

26th Down Syndrome community summer pool party


July 2016:
4 - We tye-dyed shirts for 4th of July and watched fireworks at Mt Trashmore


5th Our 8th anniversary and he comes home TOMORROW!


JULY 6TH HOMECOMING DAY! (See next post!)







No comments:

Post a Comment