Saturday, February 20, 2016

My Ty Guy and Luna Girl

After months of Beau being sick, we are thinking that all the dog dander and hair as well as the dirt and dust they bring in from the backyard is contributing to his addition airway "distress." He has literally been sick since July... he'll be sick for a few weeks and then healthy for 1-2 and then the cycle begins again. I'm sure the school germs don't help either. His pulmonologist doesn't believe he is allergic to the dogs since Beau has been around them his whole life but it's hard to believe that him inhaling all those "allergens" isn't effecting him. He is on his second round of antibiotics, steroids and albuterol treatments this month. :(

Andrew and I have debated about re-homing the dogs for a long time for other reasons as well and each time my heart would just sink.... "I just love them"... Luna especially... "she is my girl"... we are her family.... oh it breaks my heart to think of saying goodbye to them.....but Beau comes first.

After MUCH deliberation and tears and tears and tears, I reluctantly messaged the amazing breeder where we got Luna 3.5 years ago, and Ty through a year after, and told her we were looking to re-home. She comforted me in knowing that she had the same allergy issues with the shepherds and once they were out of the house she was a new woman! She assured me she'd help find a loving family for my fur babies. Within hours of messaging her, she replied to tell me she had a family in mind! WOW! God is so good. After talking with the family the last few days, we set up a meeting today to introduce the dogs to their family. They live on 3.5 acres of land/woods, have 5 children, and love Jesus! They actually own Luna's mom who is a security dog at their missionary site in Haiti. I instantly knew that this could be a perfect fit for my babies. They would have plenty of room to play and endless attention from a family of 7!

We pulled up to the park and Luna was literally crying with excitement to go walk, trying to crawl behind me out the door of the car. I thought we were in big trouble if she has this much energy meeting them! Boy was I wrong! I think the kids were instantly in love. Their sweet soon-to-be daughter from Haiti LOVED Luna and kept repeating her name! <3 The parents were not at all concerned with some of their puppy behaviors or Luna's heart condition and thought they would be a wonderful addition to their family. Thank you Jesus! Though my heart hurts, I am truly excited for both the family and the dogs. Here they are!




So now I have a few more days to enjoy my time with them before they come to get the dogs on Thursday. We took our usual neighborhood walk this afternoon since they didn't get much at the park and enjoyed the 65 degree weather! Beau had to get his few minutes of smiles on the swings!


 Ty Ty and Lu Lu

My babies

Best friends 

  

 

  
He could swing for days!

   My girl <3 



God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. 
And God saw that it was good.  
Genesis 1.25
.

No comments:

Post a Comment