Tuesday, November 25, 2014

All For GOOD.... November 25, 2014

I woke up this morning after a much needed, restful night and The Lord immediately told me to get in His word before I even got in the shower.  So I opened up one of the devotional apps on my phone to proverbs31.org .  At the end of today's devotional, I found a beautiful prayer and verse that spoke straight to my heart.


Isn't is simply reassuring to know that God works it all for GOOD?! Even when there are soo many questions and much we dont understand, we know His plan is greater... maybe it's another way He's asking us to trust Him with the future, rely on his plans and his timing, and find strength from Him that we need to get through another day at whatever challenge we're facing....

So I got ready and headed to the hospital.  I'm so thankful the staff is so good about giving me an update almost immediately when I walk in the room.

Beau is significantly better today. I knew immediately when I saw smiles, rolling over, and him grabbing for and shaking the toys I brought him. His potassium is up to where it should be 3.8 (up from yesterday's 2.0)!  The doctor informed me that based on his labs, they discovered he has damage or injury to his gallbladder, liver, and kidneys. Thankfully, these organs will self recovery with the proper nutrition. With his body functioning with inadequate nutrition, it had to pull energy from alternative sources like the bone and muscle but already I could tell he was gaining his muscle strength back!  He still has a level of dehydration and high protein in his urine.  The doctor is going to consult with the pediatric radiologist to see if a bone density test is needed. All in all this a good report.  He is still in malnutrition status but has made major improvements since yesterday.  The next step up from malnutrition can sometimes be re-feeding syndrome.  This means that the body has to re-acclimate itself with processing things in his nutrition (like fats) that it has not "seen" in a month.  Often there are side effects so the doctors will be taking it SLOW to make sure his body tolerates being back on feeds as best as possible.  Right now he is still on a slow rate of Pedialite and they started the TPN tonight. This morning's echo on his heart looked great as well!  So much great news, PRAISE JESUS!


Our amazing Pastor Jesse and his beautiful wife Elizabeth came to visit and pray over our sweet babe today.  Thank you, dear friends, for your support and for reminding me again today that God works for GOOD... ALL THE TIME. 

I got some quiet time do my Bible study while Beau napped - Here is a view of his hospital crib in case you were wondering!  He was sleeping soundly when I snuck away for a dinner date with my husband; thanks Amy! I also saw some BEAUtiful fall leaves on my way out of the hospital tonight; maybe it was the reason there was only parking on the 5th floor!  The leaves are at their peak here in VA and cover the ground so I had to take a moment to soak it in....We have much to be thankful for today.  We appreciate your continued prayers. 


 "You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good." Genesis 50.20

1 comment: