Friday, April 4, 2014

Just the Weekend (March 8-9)

Saturday March 8, 2014

We had a special party to be at today.  Our dear friends Jackie and Steve are moving in the coming week to California so they had a "see ya later" party at the church. They are another military couple that we know through church and I was in a Bible Study with Jackie.  Beau got on his "Smartie" outfit for the occasion!

 I couldn't love this picture more!

                      We will most definitely miss them.                   Beau is practicing his neck control with daddy!

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Today was just a typical day at home.  Since Beau was cleared healthy when we left CHOP, he got to come to a Sunday morning service at church for the first time!  He got a lil fussy so Andrew took him out into the lobby but it was nice to have the whole family there!

I'd been wanting to take some pictures of Beau with daddy's camo and Jackie passed along one of Graham's outfits that was perfect for my idea!



I just love when his lil' tongue sticks out!

Late in the evening I noticed Beau was breathing more quickly again and started retracting (sucking in under his ribs while he breathes.)  I decided to just watch him carefully.  Overnight when I had to start and stop his feeds I continued to be watchful because his breathing just seemed "off" to me (heavy with retractions and louder than usual) but I wasn't quite ready to take him to the ER.  While talking with Andrew before bed and told him that if  Beau continued this way I would call Dr. A in the morning and see if she could get us in a day early since we already had an appointment on Tuesday.  I just wasn't sure I could wait another 24 hours... my "motherly instincts" were up.....


 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, 
whenever you face trials of many kinds, 
because you know that the testing  
of your faith produces perseverance.   
Let perseverance finish its work 
so that you may be mature and complete, 
not lacking anything. 
James 1.2-4 

No comments:

Post a Comment